Assist the Buyer with various tasks to ensure that the company’s customer’s needs are met by purchasing an appropriate amount of product from authorized suppliers or distributors at the best possible terms, in such a way as to ensure product safety, quality and legality.
1. Research, select and purchase premium food ingredients at the most favorable prices consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements and other factors, as directed by the Buyer.
2. Analyze and monitor sales records, trends and economic conditions and confer with Sales personnel to anticipate customer buying patterns and determine what the company will sell and how much inventory is needed, as directed by the Buyer.
3. Ensure that all PO’s are confirmed within 24 hours. Monitor open PO’s daily and close out all cancelled PO’s.
4. Arrange the most reliable transportation for inbound product, at the least possible cost, while ensuring that product is being carried by only authorized carriers who adhere to all product safety, quality and legal requirements.
5. Other duties as assigned, including assigned back-up duties.
Experience & Education:
Bachelor’s degree (Supply Chain/Logistics preferred, but not required) 2-3 years’ experience.
Incentive Plan, Free Family Medical and Free Employee Dental, Strong 401(k) Match, Retirement Profit Sharing and other benefits.
Strong Excel skills a must.